For ☑ Spiritual people ☑ Nature lovers ☑ Vegans & Vegetarians ☑ Travel agents ☑ Japan fans.
The Japanese guide Shinobu Nimura and travel agency Shiki-no-tabi invited me to test their new “Umare-kawari-no-tabi” Rebirth Journey tour featuring the “Dewa-sanzan” 3 Mountains of Dewa (Yamagata prefecture, Japan) as non-Japanese certified tour guide and expert in Japan inbound travel. For 24 hours in summer 2017, I accompanied a group of Japanese tourists going to meet the gods… then made this video with texts in English, French and Japanese. This is my first “silent” film!
The 2446-step stairway was tough but I appreciated:
- Destinations difficult/tiring to access by oneself.
- Surprising experience at Yudono Shinto Shrine, where filming/photographing is strictly forbidden (go & see with your own eyes!).
- Meeting a yamabushi mountain priest.
- Wearing the white pilgrim outfit.
- Shojin-ryori Japanese traditional vegan food.
- Five senses stimulated: climbing a rock barefoot in a hot spring stream (not shown in the video), hearing a Triton’s trumpet, savouring local seasonal vegetables/dishes, smelling mountain flowers and incense, seeing various holy designs…
This bus tour is (1) particularly valuable for travellers & residents wanting unique experiences related to the Japanese nature and Shinto religion, (2) attractive for travel agents as it is a 24-hour tour removing the cost of lodging for a night, from/to the major gate Tokyo Shinjuku, and (3) great to promote Japan as a tourism destination because it features the unique Mountains of the Past, Present & Future!
Would you go to enjoy nature, relax and develop your inner self? Your comments/shares are highly welcome 🙂
Film-making: 3 Holy Mounts of Dewa
Tour Review: Shiki-no-tabi’s Rebirth Journey
Miyatabo (Japanese only)
Hiromasa Miyata – Speaker at Miyatabo
About this video
Title: Rebirth Journey: Self, Nature & Gods at Dewa-sanzan (Japan)
Filmed on: 11 August 2017 (“Mountain Day” Japanese public holiday)
Video maker: Sébastien Duval
- Tokyo – Yamagata
- To the 3 Mountains of Dewa…
- Mountain of the Past
- Mount Gassan
- Gassan Shinto Shrine
- Yeaaahhh !!!
- Mountain of the Present
- Mount Haguro
- Miyatabo temple lodging
- Vegan breakfast
- Excellent 🙂
- Haguro-shozenin-koganedo (Buddhist temple)
- Enma, king of the underworld
- Dewa Shinto Shrine
- Sébastien + “Yamabushi”
- Mountain of the Future
- Mount Yudono
- Thanks to our guide Shinobu Nimura and to Shiki-no-tabi travel agency for inviting me to this “Rebirth Journey” tour!
- Rebirth Journey: Self, Nature & Gods at Dewa-sanzan (Japan)
- Sébastien Duval, filmed on 11 August 2017
Title: Night Vision
By: Bird Creek
Sébastien Duval, Rebirth Journey, tour, bus tour, nature, summer, flowers, mountains, mount, Gassan, Haguro, Yudono, Dewa, Sanzan, Yamagata, Yamagata prefecture, Japan, yamabushi, Buddhism, Shinto, shrine, shojin-ryori, vegan, vegetarian, vegan breakfast, breakfast, meal, food, vlog.